1. Make sure you install the dropbox module first of course,
opkg update opkg install python-openssl #adds ssl support to python opkg install distribute #it contains the easy_install easy_install dropbox
2. Create an app under your own dropbox account in the "App Console". (https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps)
3. Just for the record I created my App with the following:
- App Type as "Dropbox API APP".
- Type of data access as "Files & Datastores"
- Folder access as "My app needs access to files already on Dropbox". (ie: Permission Type as "Full Dropbox".)
4. Then click the "generate access token" button and cut/paste into the python example below in place of :
#!/usr/bin/python import dropbox #client = dropbox.client.DropboxClient(<auth_token>) client = dropbox.client.DropboxClient("P9wJXJRuXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX9hmHMlLUQbWI") print 'linked account: ', client.account_info() f = open('/mnt/sda1/test.wav', 'rb') response = client.put_file('/test.wav', f) print 'uploaded: ', response
chmod 755 /mnt/sda1/uploaddropbox.py